balance - umm. no. how about fit. i read this somewhere recently (and can't remember where). fit. putting everything together in a way that works right now. even if that means that every day is different. but each day works. i needed to find a way to help it all fit, to help me keep track . . . so . . .
remember these? the notebooks i used to keep track of what we were working on and accomplishing? one for each kiddo. well, now they have school assignment books. and i am home without them. so, i started myself a notebook. no stickers in it yet (ha!) . . . but i keep track of what i would like to accomplish in the day, and what i do accomplish and what i should remember for the coming day, and a good quote or two and some thoughts here and there . . . it's a good little system for me. part journal, part to-do list, part inspiration - all in one place. this helps the necessary things fit in my life right now.
and, in amongst the phone calls and paper work and forms and conversations and thoughtful processing and planning and laundry and cleaning and lunch packing and baking and reading to and listening to and helping with homework and stitching and writing and holding and smiling and loving and being loved, in amongst all this, i sometimes remember to list my gratitudes.
- 2 extra-wonderful kiddos to call my own
- helping a friend
- miss n playing quietly while i work
- miss n signing "more" for food
- miss s resting on my lap, making animal sounds and naming my eyes, nose, teeth, earrings
- the curious garden
- maddie and isaac still love for me to read to them
- a budget that just may work out
- kind words from unexpected people
- my soon-to-be new job
- friends who encourage and affirm
- ben holding me, encouraging me, listening to me
- ben being the rock in our home
- ben being quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger in all his interactions
- my God, my Savior and His Holy Spirit
- He listens to my heart-wrenched cries and my turmoil and my whys
- He is constant and good and the Giver of Good Gifts - just look at this list
somehow, listing the things i am grateful for helps with the fit of my life, of my days. and so does my notebook. maybe tomorrow i'll let you peek into it.
love to you, my friends. ~e